by Belinda Bray
Director of Wellbeing
What does Kindness mean?
Kindness is defined as the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate. Affection, gentleness, warmth, concern, and care are words that are associated with kindness. While kindness has a connotation of meaning someone is naive or weak, that is not the case. Being kind often requires courage and strength. Kindness is an interpersonal skill.
5 Ways to Show Kindness in our Community
- Smile – eye contact and a smile is such a simple gesture
- Look around, notice people – are there people in your world who are hurting or need something?
- Share life with others – share food, time and resources
- Be grateful – thank people, tell people you love them
- Help a Stranger – volunteer, spend time with your neighbor, participate in community events etc
The thing we want you to take-away from this is:
Kindness can change your family, your neighborhood and your community. Not only is kindness good for others, it is also so good for each us. It enhances our own wellbeing.